I am totally happy with myself today. I actually made it to the humane society and walked a dog! Probably the only dog who wanted to eat more than walk. At least he did his business and had a slight stroll.
I am really going to try to do this more often. It just has to be done. So think about what you can do to help your local shelter. While running errands can you stop in and walk one dog for a few minutes? Or spend one afternoon walking several? Maybe one saturday a month cleaning cages? How about picking up a load of laundry to do? I found out today that I can even pick up just a load that needs to be dried. Can you buy an extra bag of dog or cat food to donate? How about when they are on sale BOGO? Recently I went to Goodwill and purchased 7 little baby receiving blankets to donate. It only cost 7 dollars. But seven little sweeties will have a soft blanky to lay on. If you really think about it I am sure there are many ways that you can help out. So won’t you please think about it and help out a local shelter? Thank you if you do!!!
Ten Ways To Make the World a Better Place
1. Smile for a stranger and say hi.
2. Hold the door open for someone.
3. Allow someone to go ahead of you in a line.
4.Turn your music down.
5. Surprise a few children with a new backpack full of school supplies.
6. Cut someone’s grass for them.
7. Pass out cold water bottles to homeless people where ever you see them.
8. Help a stray dog or cat. Give them food, water and shelter.
9. Buy a pre-paid gas card for someone.
10. Donate blood.
Posted in Advice, Animals, Commentary, Tutorial
Tagged Animal, backpacks, be generous, be happy, be kind, Better, blood, charity, cheer, decent, donate, gas, good person, grass, Happiness, happy day, help someone, homeless, hope, kindness, mentor, money, music, peace, pre-paid card, ray of light, school supplies, show the way, smile, solution, spread goodwill, stray, sunshine, teach, water, world, world peace