I found the photograph that I thought I had deleted! So now I can show you the process. I started by tracing all of the shapes and shadings in this photograph using my Wacom Tablet.
Then I printed the tracing out and retraced it the old fashioned way to get more detail. I am not happy with the way my tablet is working but I hate fiddling with the settings. It’s old so maybe I need a new one. This way works for me so no big deal.
Then I used these watercolor lessons for the first few steps, the eyes in particular. I started with the eyes unlike the lessons. And the black part is too large but better luck next time around. I am just learning after all.
Then I blocked in the ear and started laying light colors that I gradually built up over time. This picture is about the halfway point.
Many times when I thought it was finished I would find something else that needed more attention. After I uploaded it too the blog I noticed the top and bottom eyelash area and was not one hundred percent happy with it but I really feel as at this point I should not do anything else. It’s done.