- June 2014 (3)
- May 2014 (3)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (7)
- January 2014 (12)
- December 2013 (11)
- November 2013 (6)
- October 2013 (7)
- September 2013 (18)
- August 2013 (24)
- July 2013 (9)
- June 2013 (16)
- May 2013 (22)
- April 2013 (14)
- March 2013 (20)
- February 2013 (15)
- January 2013 (15)
- December 2012 (12)
- November 2012 (12)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (11)
- August 2012 (12)
- July 2012 (11)
- June 2012 (13)
- May 2012 (25)
- April 2012 (27)
- March 2012 (24)
- February 2012 (26)
- January 2012 (29)
- December 2011 (15)
- November 2011 (37)
- October 2011 (55)
- September 2011 (32)
- August 2011 (35)
- July 2011 (20)
- June 2011 (28)
- May 2011 (29)
- April 2011 (22)
- March 2011 (33)
- February 2011 (52)
- January 2011 (54)
- December 2010 (60)
- November 2010 (29)
- October 2010 (27)
- September 2010 (47)
- August 2010 (55)
- July 2010 (28)
- June 2010 (7)
- May 2010 (4)
- April 2010 (6)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (21)
- December 2009 (15)
- Advice Animals A recipe Artwork A stab at writing Book reviews Bugs Clothes Commentary Contest and Challenges Cool Stuff Crafts Etsy Flowers Fractals From My Heart From the news Funnies Jewelry Movies Murals Photographs Product Review Really? Retouching The bookstore (the best place to be) Thrift Tutorial Uncategorized Youtube
Monthly Archives: January 2011
I happened upon this little bit of oddness while on the internet. http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-28/travel/idiot.abroad_1_karl-pilkington-ricky-gervais-series-preview?_s=PM:TRAVEL and it made me think of you Nancy. In one of your posts you spoke about Andrew Zimmerman’s show Bizzare Foods. At first reading I thought this would be a totally stupid show because of Ricky Gervais who I can not stand. After reading on to the second page though I might at least check it out once. But anytime someone mentions moving out of your comfort zone you should know to just say NO!
I watched the most heart warming story on the news a while ago. A mother in Pakistan is attending the first grade with her two young sons. Most importantly she has the blessing and encouragement of her husband. What a wonderful thing to see when what we usually see from that part of the world is the exact opposite. I loved that the husband said if his wife is educated then his family will benefit from it. I am so happy for this woman.
I don’t normally do this with forwards that I receive in an e-mail but these are so very funny and is there anyone who doesn’t need a good laugh? I don’t think so. I hope this counts as fair use because I am not claiming to have written them, just sharing them.
You can’t read this and stay in a bad mood!
1. How Do You Catch a Unique Rabbit?
Unique Up On It.
2. How Do You Catch a Tame Rabbit?
3. How Do Crazy People Go Through The Forest ?
They Take The Psychopath
4. How Do You Get Holy Water?
You Boil The Hell Out Of It
5. What Do Fish Say When They Hit a Concrete Wall?
6. What Do Eskimos Get From Sitting On The Ice too Long?
7. What Do You Call a Boomerang That Doesn’t work?
8. What Do You Call Cheese That Isn’t Yours?
9. What Do You Call Santa’s Helpers?
10. What Do You Call Four Bullfighters In Quicksand?
11. What Do You Get From a Pampered Cow?
12. What Do You Get When You Cross a Snowman With a Vampire?
13. What Lies At The Bottom Of The Ocean And Twitches?
A Nervous Wreck.
14. What’s The Difference Between Roast Beef And Pea Soup?
Anyone Can Roast Beef.
15. Where Do You Find a Dog With No Legs?
Right Where You Left Him.
16. Why Do Gorillas Have Big Nostrils?
Because They Have Big Fingers.
17. Why Don’t Blind People Like To Sky Dive?
Because It Scares The Dog.
18. What Kind Of Coffee Was Served On The Titanic?
19. What Is The Difference Between a Harley And a Hoover ?!
The Location Of The Dirt Bag.
20. Why Did Pilgrims’ Pants Always Fall Down?
Because They Wore Their Belt Buckles On Their Hats.
21. What’s The Difference Between a Bad Golfer And a Bad Skydiver?
A Bad Golfer Goes, Whack ..!@#$
A Bad Skydiver Goes !@#$…. Whack.
22. How Are a Texas Tornado And a Tennessee Divorce The Same?
Somebody’s Gonna Lose A Trailer.
Now, admit it…. At least one of these made you smile.
Support bacteria. They’re the only culture some people have.
Why? Why is anyone looting in the middle of these protests in Egypt? Are they standing up for something or trying to tear the country down? It’s sad to hear to hear about the Egyptian Museum being torn up like that. I have never understood looting during a time of crisis. It’s such a deplorable act. Good luck and best wishes to the good people of Egypt.
I just read this tip in the book, Before The Change by Ann Lousie Gittleman, Ph.D.
Rosemary an astringent herb, alleviates migraine, is an antioxidant, and combats heart disease and infections. Quite a lot in a single spoonful of oil. So do we ingest it for a migraine or smear on our face?
A while ago my neighbor told me about his trip to the movie theater. He had waited a long time to see this particular movie. As he entered the movie theater a little late he was happy to see that there was only one other person in the theater or maybe it was a couple. So he picked a spot right smack in the middle as any normal human would do. After the movie had been running about ten minutes a man came in, looked all around and sat down right next too him! I think I would have had to have a scene right then and there. That is just too weird and freaky. Being the polite man that he is he just kept quite and watched the movie all through that mans lip smacking and crunching of a huge barrel of popcorn and sluppring a huge drink.
Today I went to get my hair cut and I sat in the far corner because the sun was beaming in on the rest of the chairs. About four chairs to my right, all empty. And across the room about five more empty chairs. Now I am by no means an unfriendly person. I love too meet new people, really I do. So in walks an elderly man, he looks around at all of the chairs and comes right up and sits in the one next too me. I smiled and said hello. I really did wonder though why would he sit right next too me? That just seems like an odd thing to do. At least he wasn’t a creepy, gross old man. Not that I could tell anyway. We talked and he was quite entertaining but still wouldn’t it be a little more normal to put at least one chair between us? Whats up with people because I know I don’t smell that good. My neighbor usually does though. Maybe thats what happened in his case. He wears nice colonge but I am allergic too perfume. So whats the deal? Really people whats the deal. Don’t sit so close. It’s creepy.